Saturday, August 10, 2013

DAY 222

It has been more than half a year since tank 1 was first set up and these are photos which I took yesterday. From a mixed reef when I first started to one with more lps, now I have stocked it with mostly common Zoas. I am certain this is not the final look but I am definitely happy with it for the time being. I must admit that the camera does little justice to the small piece of underwater paradise that looks better in person. I love the colour of the reef under the blue lights but I am not able to capture it on camera.

Interestingly, the Clown Fish are hosting everything, including the Elegance Coral, Goniopora, Zoas and even the Coco-Worm except for the Rose Bubble Tip Anemone that I bought specifically for them. On a separate note, it is amazing that the feather Caulerpa are growing very well in this and my office tanks. When I first attempted to keep them and the bubble Caulerpa in both tanks, it was not successful. I even tried to keep the lights on almost 247. However, they gradually turned asexual and wasted away. Then it appeared slowly as a weed on one of the rocks in the office tank and subsequent attempts to take pieces of them and growing them in this tank proved to be effortless. Now they are appearing everywhere at every nook and cranny and I suspect one day they would be a problem for me to weed out. Right now, I am just testing how effective it is at nutrients export to solve the algae problem.

Anyway, last Sunday I was changing a third of the water in tank 2 when I suddenly spotted the Hector Goby looking back at me. So there it was, in a healthy condition not unlike before, before it disappeared again from sight. I thought it was dead because I had not seen for quite a while. The tummy did not look dented so it must be feeding fine. Strangely, when will I see it again?

If my sps are generally turning brown, then it is likely that my lights do not possess the right wavelength. I'm still pondering if I need to upgrade the lights.








No comments:

Post a Comment