Monday, May 18, 2015

28 MONTHS 18 DAYS

the Goniopora budded off this frag
This is a post in the mid month, so that the post at the end of the month before my trip can be concise.

I bought quite a number of fishes this month, and now I have the big 5s - Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Regal Blue Tang and Majestic Angel now. When the juvenile-adult Majestic Angel was first added, there was quite a bit of aggression from the Purple Tang. However, I managed to take out the Yellow Tang instead and transferred it to Aquarium 1. When the aggression between the Purple Tang and the Majestic Angel died down, I put the Yellow Tang back and all was fine. I also bought 4 Fire Gobies but as of the day before, I only saw 2 left. I added an acrylic cover for the aquarium to prevent some of these fishes from carpet surfing.

I also bought a number of Zoas frag from Steven of LCK201 and they are all doing fine in the aquarium.

Separately, I want to decommission the office Aquarium 4, so I thought of combining this with the Aquarium 1 inhabitants. I plan to do it soon in a few days time, so right now I am consolidating everything from the office aquarium to the home one. Sadly, I lost 3 out of 4 Damsels in the process. In addition, I moved the pair of true Percula Clowns to Aquarium 3 and had to transfer the 2 black Onyx Clowns from this aquarium to Aquarium 1 with the big False Percula Clown from the office. Confusing? Now one of the black Clowns is dying, and I cross my fingers that it will recover instead. Aquarium 1 is packed to the brim now and hopefully all will go well. I also hope the Golden Boxing Shrimp and Anthelias from Aquarium 1 will make it through.

In terms of the equipment, I just purchased the Sanrise Aqua Pro LED today and hopefully, it would serve me well although if the LED lights burn out, I probably wouldn't be able to get a replacement.
I found it on the sandbed so I glued it to the tonga branch

2 of the frags that I bought


a FTS with blue lights

a FTS with white lights

4 Fire Gobies which I added






another FTS with blue and white lights


the big 5s are here

top view of the left

close-up view of the right




Goniopora hosting a pair of true Percula Clowns

this is Aquarium 1

the black Onyx Clown is dying

a Zoas from the office Aquarium 4


a Bubble-Tipped Anemone hosting a Golden Maroon Clown

pair of true Percula Clowns


just the day before, only 2 of the Fire Gobies appeared









the 3 big 5s

No comments:

Post a Comment