Thursday, February 28, 2013

DAY 47

I bought a Yellow Polyps Coral for the office and left the rock in my home aquarium without first dipping it. I was complacent and almost had to pay for it heavily.

Whilst checking out the coral later, I found some creature peeking out from the rock. I took a tweezer to poke at it but it retracted several times. So I had no choice but to take the rock out and dip it in a container of freshwater.

To my horror of horror, after several minutes, a 5 cm long Mantis Shrimp emerged from the rock. I was so freaked out and dared not put my finger within close range of the creature. It is not known as the thumb splitter for no reason, I thought.

The following day, I brought it back to the office and left it in a small of salt water. I left it over the weekend and when I came back the following Monday, it was still alive. It is amazing how much will this creature had. So I gave it to a staff who had a torch for such strange creatures. The ending was, I heard this creature didn't make it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment