Monday, May 13, 2013

DAY 131

I was still battling algae problems right until now in tank 2 although the problem has lessened with some water changes and controlled feeding. 

Sadly, I lost 3 clams during the last week. I bought 1 purple one from Sea Life Aquarium recently and placed it in my office tank but it died a few days later of the pinched mantle. When I bought the 1 from Sea Life, I actually transferred another perfectly healthy purple specimen from the office tank into this tank 2. Shortly after, another purple clam in tank 2 that was doing well for weeks suddenly displayed the pinched mantle disease too, so I had it removed. Finally, the 1 that I brought from the office also showed the same symptoms. I had no choice but to remove it the following day when I saw my hermit crab and shrimp tearing its flesh. Now I am left with only 1 blue clam and I cross my fingers that nothing will happen to it.

On another note, I love the Organ Pipe Coral, Hammer Coral and SPS frag that I recently added.








No comments:

Post a Comment