Sunday, October 11, 2015

33 MONTHS 7 AND 10 DAYS

the right is dead, possibly because it was next to the wavemaker
Ok, I must admit now that the chiller does seem to have some effect on some of the SPS. Although I lost some SPS recently, I attributed it more to my negligence and poor husbandry when I was caught up with other stuff to spend time on them.

I lost a number of LPS too, such as the bubble corals, golden hammer, octo coral. My guess for their demise is I placed them on the sand bed and the bully maroon clown loves to agitate the sand and create sandstorms in its territory, causing them to constantly be covered with sand.

For these two weeks, I was battling a diatoms problem and didn't know what was wrong until yesterday when I found a disintegrated leather coral in my sump, which emitted a rotten egg smell, which I suspected to be hydrogen sulphide. Thank goodness I siphoned out much of the debris and detritus and changed almost 2 pails of water and all live stock are fine when they look really stressed out yesterday.

Anyway, these are some photos taken a couple of days ago.
the left side looks perfectly fine

I couldn't believe how much this digitata grew until I looked at the June photos

more close-ups of the polyps extension

this photo doesn't do justice to the actual colours of this Cyphastrea

a newly acquired green digitata

the same pocci under blue lights

a top view showing a number of zoas colonies


one of two newly acquired Radioactive Bird Nest

an unknown SPS from Ah Beng


I didn't know what was wrong until I realized they are not all with 8 tentacles

another beautiful newly acquired cyan digitata

this bubble tip anemone recovered its colours and anchored itself on the glass
the fluorescent Coral Tree has more than doubled its size since June

No comments:

Post a Comment