Sunday, January 13, 2013

DAY 11

Did I mention in my previous post that I realized something was wrong the night before when I thought I saw some fragments of hair algae on the glass, patches on the mushroom rock that turned green and visible signs of algae growth on the sand and rocks?

I suspected it had something to do with what happened yesterday. I mentioned the water was cloudy yesterday and it turned out my electricity was off for most of yesterday without my realization and there must have been a spike in ammonia, nitrite and nitrates etc. I did a nitrate test and it showed 10 ppm. That might explain what my green Zoa suffered so badly.

I changed three-quarters of the water then and also dismantled the wave maker after the thing stopped turning when I turned it back on after the water change.







No comments:

Post a Comment