Monday, January 7, 2013

DAY 7

This morning, I added a small existing HOB filter beside the bigger Ocean Free HOB filter with the intention to add the bag of Chemi-Pure Elite granules. In addition, I added a 360 degree wave-maker filter which I intend to hide with some other corals in front of it. I hope the wave-maker can create sufficient underwater currents to provide better circulation.

By evening, the water was really crystal clear. I changed out the bio-rings in the OF HOB filter with some SeaChem de-nitrate. Interestingly, the Kenya Tree Coral shed off the external dead layer with the current and below it seemed to be a layer of live tissues, which I hope will regenerate the coral back.

With the clear water, I was able to make out 7 filter feeders on the skeleton rock which seemed more active than usual and their fans were always in and out sweeping the water. Then I saw what I think is a disaster. There seemed to be an Aiptasia attached on the right of the skeleton rock. The tentacles are visible and I knew exactly where it came from. Whilst Wong Loy Kee sells relatively cheap fishes and corals, the quality is not the best. I have seen Aiptasias in their tanks before and on the day I bought the 3 rocks. I chose the rocks and was hoping I won't be so unlucky to have this problem on my hands but now it seemed I have. This means I have to add Aiptasia killing products to my shopping list. I don't intend to use  the Peppermint Shrimp because they are not always reef safe.







No comments:

Post a Comment