Sunday, January 13, 2013

DAY 12

In this post, the top half of the photos was illuminated with my existing 2 14W, 12,000k lights. In the second part, I turned on my new LED lights with 4 10,000k and 2 actinic blue partially and switched off the former towards the end.

Oh yes, the tank obviously looked different because I added the following:

  • a plate of mini Zoanthids
  • 2 stalks of Green Star Polyps (GSP)
  • an unknown soft coral
  • a Xenia at the corner
  • 3 Turbo snails
  • a live rock with Caulerpa and a Chaetomorpha in an old fish breeding container
I know I probably shouldn't stock the aquarium so quickly and one can tell my impatience from all these because I just couldn't wait any longer. Anyway, the Xenia looked like it was gone but I placed it in a corner with good flow and hope it would recover. If it is dead, it would definitely pollute the water significantly. One GSP opened up a bit while the other remained close. I actually wanted 3 Nassarius snails but they gave me 3 Turbo instead. I threw all of them in without acclimatizing them and for a while I was worried because they didn't seem to move at all except occasionally. Hopefully, they would do a good job of cleaning up the tank of hair algae. I got the Caulerpa first then managed to get the Chaetomorpha subsequently to help with nitrate export.

I was checking out the Clown Fishes and Six-Line Wrasses in the local fish shop (LFS) because I love both but ended up not buying any of them since the staff were busy. Well, at least I managed to curb myself and left the place before I succumbed to temptation again.
















No comments:

Post a Comment