Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DAYS 1-2

I finally managed to buy quite a number of things yesterday at Wong Loy Kee Aquarium at Blk 1 Sago Lane (Chinatown), including the following:

  • Tropic Marin salt 4 kg
  • sand which I did not use because it seems a tad too coarse to my liking
  • Ocean Free Super Hang On Filter size 2 (650 litres/hour)
  • 1 live rock, 1 mushroom coral on rock, 1  pink soft coral on rock
Day 1
Anyway, I set up the tank last night before the new year and the water was crystal clear. I am a very impatient person and bought the 3 rocks. I would have added a small clown fish if the shop had it. There were a number of yellow tail blue damsels but I refrained from buying it because my priority is a small clown. I also did not use the sand in case I can buy a slightly bigger tank in the next few days.


Day 2
The water turned slightly cloudy today and the mushroom and pink coral appeared stressed. In fact, the latter looked so dejected like it is dying. I hope it is because of the proliferation of bacteria after I added the Ocean Free Super Bacteria last night. I mean I tested the water and it was free of ammonia and nitrate. Frankly, I am not too worried about the ammonia and nitrite because I am confident the live rock and bacteria would take care of it. I felt tempted to buy a cleaner shrimp yesterday but I guess I did the right thing. Otherwise it would probably have been dead by now.

Anyway, I will wait it out and see how things go over the next few days. However, I tried to go to the aquarium shop that I knew of at Lavender Street on Saturday but I couldn't find it. I googled it  but found that the phone number was no longer in use. I guess it must have closed shop although it was a good place to buy marine fishes and corals around the town area.







No comments:

Post a Comment