Monday, January 28, 2013

DAY 26

I got a few additions and when I dumped the 2 Nassarius snails into the tank, they immediately scurried off into the sand and burrowed right into it. What astounded me was I saw Penny next to them and was worried for a second if I crushed her to death.

Fortunately, I saw the real Penny somewhere behind the rock works. So the one I saw earlier was her moult, which was a good decoy.

I know how sensitive shrimps can be, so I took time to acclimatize a bag of 10 dancing Sexy Shrimps, which were about 1 cm in length. Actually, I didn't want to have so many of them and I think I would have to give some away when they grow bigger. The blue and red mushrooms were still adjusting to their new environment. The Coco-worm, which I shall just name Coco Lee Wen, oops I mean Coco, was doing fine too.

After releasing the Sexy Shrimps, it is a joy to watch them gather together and do their butt swaying in the water. It is now a routine for me to fall in all of them every day, at different times of the day, to do a headcount and watch their dancing routine. It's amazing how they love to gather around in their groups in the open, so it's pretty easy to find them. They seemed to be hosting the green mini Zoas and red mushrooms. I just hope they won't start tearing them apart when they go all hungry.












No comments:

Post a Comment